The KAISER AquaStar Water-Recycling Vacuum Truck – A valued flagship investment
When identifying the flagship equipment in his company’s fleet, Rescue Rod’s operations director Bobby Smit sings the praises of the KAISER Aqua-Star combination truck. Bobby notes that “you can literally recycle water all day long and just keep on cleaning lines.”
The KAISER AquaStar truck offers five powerful selling points for prospective clients:
- The AquaStar is eco-friendly using significantly less water than conventional vacuum trucks.
- The AquaStar has the potential to work virtually non-stop during the day, which dramatically boosts productivity by eliminating time-consuming trips to refill water tanks.
- Less water used results in lower costs in communities where contractors have to pay for water supply.
- Less water is sent back into drainage system lines, which reduces treatment costs for municipalities.
- The Aquastar have fewer switches than other water-recycling brands resulting in less potential for damage and repairs as the unit has less moving parts.
While the amount of water saved varies from job to job, the KAISER Aquastar has the ability to save up to 168000 litres of clean water per one 8 hour shift per truck.
“On a day-to-day basis, we probably save clients two to three hours a day by not having to break down and constantly decant. That results in more productivity. So it’s more profitable because we’re getting more work done (in less time) every day. As an added bonus we saving water and the earths resources one drop at a time.” said Bobby.
Bobby opted to purchase the patented Kaiser AquaStar Recycler due to the German engineered cutting edge patented technology that places the KAISER brand as a market leader in over 100 countries worldwide.
The KAISER AquaStar offers a perfect combination of performance and versatility. The KDU high-pressure pump delivers water at a rate of 320 to 500 litres per minute (with a double KDU up to 800 litres) and water pressure of up to 200 bar. The large-size hose reel can accommodate a 300 m setting hose.
On the KAISER vacuum pump the maximum air throughput is 4000 m3/h (with a double KWP up to 6200 m3/h). Due to the selection of various suction booms , the vehicle can be optimally adapted to the respective implementation requirements.
- With ROTOMAX, AquaStar represents a benchmark for the industry in the high performance recycling sector.
- With a folding partition, the vehicle can vacuum up and dispose of two different media.
- A dry vacuum device permits the pick-up of dry material while streets can be cleaned with high-pressure water from wash booms.
- The ADR equipment is used for the disposal of dangerous waste materials.
The consumption-optimised hydraulic system reduces fuel consumption by adapting the suction power in accordance with the vacuum rate. In the recycling mode, the water flow rate is also automatically adapted to the available water supply. Cleaning quality is enhanced by the constant jetting hose drive with speed control. Additional interfaces make it possible to link up with recording and information systems for the planning and organisation of sewer maintenance.
Greater operating comfort
The information display with integrated analysis system gives the operator qualified feedback on current performance parameters. Data such as jetting hose metre counter, vehicle weight and component status are transmitted directly to the radio remote control and presented in graphical form on the display. The display and control of the water pressure at the jetting nozzle also make sewer cleaning considerably easier.